Posted by: Larry Lavender on Monday, June 17, 2019
Getting injured can be a traumatic experience. Above all, just obtaining the proper medical treatment and hopefully recovering fully is a task in itself. Many people understand that they may be able to recover money if they are injured. However, there are a number of mistakes that can be made that can reduce or even eliminate the possibility of recovering money from the party that injured you.
The most common mistakes that people make that negatively impact their personal injury claims are the following.
- Thinking the insurance adjuster is looking out for you.
- Not seeking medical treatment as soon as symptoms appear.
- Not following doctor’s orders.
- Giving a recorded statement at the wrong time.
- Signing the insurance company’s authorization forms.
- Rushing to settle a claim.
- Exaggerating or distorting details of the accident or injuries.
- Not keeping the right documents such as medical reports, police reports etc.
- Waiting too long to learn options from an experienced attorney.
- Not hiring a personal injury attorney.
Most attorneys would gladly offer a free consultation to help you understand the process. Therefore, you would be wise to seek that consultation. By not doing so, you may make one or more of the above mistakes which will destroy your personal injury claim.
Please contact me at Larry@WileyLavender.com.